A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of the work undertaken within our End-Point Assessment services. A complaint can be received verbally, by phone, by email or in writing.
We view complaints, compliments and feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future. In the case of a complaint, it is a chance to put things right for the apprentice, their employer, our independent assessors or the member of our staff who has made the complaint. This complaints procedure applies to the services surrounding our End-Point Assessment provision only. It does not cover complaints about assessment which fall under our appeals policy.
- To publicise the existence of our complaints, compliments and feedback procedure so that people know how to contact us.
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- To make sure our staff, instructors and assessors know what to do if a complaint, compliment or feedback is received.
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
- 5. To handle all complaint information sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection or safeguarding requirements.
6. To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
7. To gather information which helps us to improve what we do.
8. To ensure, in the case of compliments, that this is fed back to any individuals cited, and where possible, fed into appraisal and performance review.
9. To review the policy annually and update as required.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the Director, however it is the responsibility of the recipient of a complaint, compliment or feedback to take responsibility for it so that it is handled as close to the source as possible to avoid unnecessary escalation and reduce the risk of the complaint further damaging the relationship with the complainant.
Issue No: 2
Date: 4th January 2019
Validity: One year
Review Date: 4th January 2020
Job title of Person responsible for policy: Managing Director
Name of person responsible for policy: David Coombes